Monday 14 November 2011

Trash Talk - Awake 7" (not quite awake enough)


Trash Talk must have some rabid vinyl collectors as fans. This is their latest 7" Awake which came out a couple of weeks ago on True Panther Records, which seems to be a division of Matador Records if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I was working away from home at the time, sat in a hotel room with little to do but cruise around the Internet. Trying to avoid loitering in the seedier corners it has to offer, I stumbled across an announcement that pre-orders for this 7" had just gone live. I wasn't a huge fan of the last Trash Talk release 'Eyes and Nines', it wasn't a patch on their older stuff. It was still fast, aggressive hardcore but something wasn't quite there. The vocalists style had changed a little and I wasn't too into it. Anyway, the announcement said the first 100 copies ordered would be pressed on a black and white mix so seeing a chance to scoop a limited pressing, I ordered. Literally 5 minutes after the orders went up. In the end, I still missed out, ending up with the white pressing out of 400.




To be honest, I didn't mind. It looks really nice as a whole package, and I was quite into the tracks too. True Panther sent out the mp3's to buyers inboxes when the vinyl got delayed which was pretty cool too. And one of the tracks, 'Blind Evolution' might be one of Trash Talk's best songs actually. This 1st press was all gone in a couple of days (the reaming 500 were pressed on black) and a 2nd press is due in December apparently. Quick turnaround!

No comments:

Post a Comment